This initiative provides the best ad content for customers
Premium Taxi Vision allows us to use camera footage to estimate customer gender and other information, predict the optimal ad content for customers, and increase the efficiency of our delivery of onboard ad content. By doing so, we aim to create an even better ride experience for our customers.
In this initiative we give the highest priority to customer privacy, with reference to the Guidebook for Utilization of Camera Images Ver 2.0 issued by the IoT Acceleration Consortium, the Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications, and the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry. We also provide a function to disable content optimization for those customers who do not wish to be provided with optimized content.
We are able to immediately extract data indicating customer characteristics using the camera footage, and then estimate customer gender, age, and other data to optimize ad content predictions. The camera footage is deleted after data is extracted, and the extracted data is deleted after customer characteristics such as gender have been determined. The data will not include any information that would allow an individual to be identified.
The estimated data is shared with the advertising company Geniee, Inc. to receive ad content data predicted to be optimal for the customer. We have concluded a contract with them to appropriately restrict the use of this data and prohibit usage for any use other than for this initiative.
- Camera location and coverage
- Data planned to be obtained from footage and used in processing, estimation, and prediction
- Obtain: Video of the customer, including their face
Processing: Data indicating customer characteristics, generated from the video including the customer’s face
Estimate: Gender, age, number of passengers in the back seat
Predict: Optimal ad content for customers
- If you do not wish to have optimized content
- You may disable content optimization using the tablet. Please follow the instructions below to disable content optimization. Please note that disabling of content optimization is only possible while any one customer is onboard, and content optimization will be reset for the next passenger.
- 1. Tap the Menu button on the bottom right of the screen
- 2. Tap “About our use of camera footage”
- 3. Tap “Disable content optimization”
- For inquiries
As of March 18, 2019